Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Severe Allergies

   Today was one of the worst days I have ever had as a mother.. We found out that my oldest daughter Lorena is allergic to cashews... the hard way. She ate 2 cashews and within 10 minutes was complaining that her throat hurt. Her face began to get very red and out came hives.. she had them all over her face and neck...
 It took me a minute to realize exactly was going on as soon as my husband and I figured it out we were in the car and on the way to the ER.
Soon as we got there they took her to check her vitals.. she seemed to be ok. Then the nurse and I realized she had started drooling. Which is a bad sign.. Her throat and tongue were swelling quickly. The nurse took her to a room immediately and got a Dr. They got her a epi breathing treatment, benadryl, and tried to get an IV going.. That was the worst. They were unsuccessful and in the process blew four of her little veins.


We are home now.. she is feeling better but still has some hives. I have to carry an Epi-Pen in my purse at all times.
 It was terrible to me that I was unaware of my daughters allergy. And we are so lucky that we live so close to a hospital.



No comments:

Post a Comment