Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Epiphany That Changed It All

I'm sitting here on my couch watching tv and thinking about life...

I am 22 years old and I have been overweight for the last 5 years of my life. I obviously didn't wake up one day and decide that I wanted to gain almost 100lbs.
 But, I did know what I was doing to myself. I did know that eating out wasn't good for me. I did know that drinking 5 or 6 sodas a day wasn't going to keep me in good health. I did know that when I was sad or happy or depressed I ate my feelings.
And for the last 5 years I have been listening the little voice in my head that tells me that I am ok even though I am overweight and unhealthy. I have been telling myself that "I could be worse"  "well, thomas still loves me and finds me attractive so, I'm ok" And now... I hear me. I hear my body. And it is time for a change!


In the last week I have made the choice to change my life; I have made this choice several times in the last 5 years... this time is different. This time I am stronger and I know that failing is not an option anymore... This time it is truly not about my weight; It is about my health.
In the last week I have cut out soda and smoking and I feel good. No more cravings and no more withdrawl symptoms. I am feeling happy again!

I am going to continue blogging throughout my Journey to a healthier and happier Marlena.. Let me know how you all are doing too! :)

4 comments:

  1. My dear daughter,
    I am so proud of you. There are so many things I want to tell you, but words fail to fully encompass what I wish to convey. I have said it before and it will probably be the last thing I utter before I leave this world: You are and will always be the best thing in my life, God knew how much I needed you and despite all the odds, here you are, my eternal sunshine. You continue to affect change in my life and you have made me stronger than I ever believed I could be. Thank you my angel. I love you forever! ( no I am still not sending you money!!!)

    ReplyDelete