Sunday, August 26, 2012

Kicking My Addictions

So my lovely readers... Today is day 4.5 of no smoking or drinking any soda.

At first, i was not very happy. But as of today i genuinely feel good and accomplished.

If any of you know me personally you know that i LOVE drinking coke. I am addicted to caffeine and have pretty much sworn that it is impossible for me to quit drinking it.

You also know that i smoke when bored.... which happens to be most of my day lol and that i have tried to quit several times now.

Well, this time i am serious. I dont feel so weak and i need to get a grasp on a healthier me. I have replaced my 4-5 cans of coke with water or iced tea and have just fought off my urges to go buy cigarrettes on my own (does help when you are broke lol)

I am hoping that these little changes will help me in the long term goal to be healthier overall.. I want to be a good role model for my girls. I want them to live healthy lives that dont revolve around addictions that are bad for you mentally and physically. And i would most like to be more confident that i will be here for them always.. Cutting out cigarrettes is a big help with that. At least it gives me a little peace of mind in knowing that i am not making my own self sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment