Friday, June 15, 2012

Ignorance... Bliss For You. A Pain In The Ass For Me.

People drive me crazy lol this week has been a test of nerves. The worst?

   "...Also be prepared to hear everything in spanish before they even bother trying to speak in english over intercom systems. Try to avoid TMC (tucson medical center) and opt for UMC if possible as TMC is illegal alien heaven and the quality of care shows it. Remember the border to Mexico is but a hop and a skip away so you will have tons of illegals and individuals who don't or won't speak english..."

A woman on FB talking about "illegal aliens"  It just about drove me up a pole! Yes i am mexican... And i love where my family history comes from! So with that in mind, i took her comment very offensively.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.


Andthe icing on top of the cake! When called out on her words she said she found nothing offensive or rude about what she had said.

To me it wasnt just about her actual comment it was more realizing that people are like that. That people are ignorant and disgusting towards other human beings.

It upsets me that people can speak that way about other human beings and not see issue with it. I also dont understand how having people that arent from this country would or should lower the quality of care at a hospital!

It took me a while to stop being so angry about it and wanting to just start yelling or punching someone in the face lol But i thought about it and realized that her words wont hurt me. Her ignorance is a part of her not me. And if i dont want to, i dont ever have to hear from or see this person.

Yea Yea i am ranting... i know. But this is one of those things that will always work my nerves. Ignortant people. They get to me. They make me sad for the world my sweet innocent children have to grow up in. It truly makes me sad.

And not just towards "illegals" but to everyone in this country that gets the shit end of the stick in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment